Spamhaus is an international non-profit organization whose mission is to track the Internet's Spam Gangs, to provide dependable real-time anti-spam protection for Internet networks, work with law enforcement agencies to identify and pursue spammers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.spamhaus.org.
Spamhaus is a global Spam monitoring and Spam blocking service that blocks email messages from known Spam sources. Spamhaus maintains comprehensive lists of known or suspected spammers.
Spamhaus blocks before email arrives. A perfect associate to Spam Assassin, which blocks after the email enters your systems.
- SBL (Spamhaus Block List) - Contains IP addresses that are controlled by known spammers.
- XBL (Exploits Block List) - Contains IP addresses of virus-compromised computers that are sending Spam
- PBL (Policy Block List) - Contains IP addresses that should not be delivering unauthenticated SMTP email
- DBL (Domain Block List) - Contains list of domains used in spam which link to fraud, phishing and malware sites
As a subscriber to the Spamhaus Datafeed Service, you get a continuous feed from your selected Spamhaus lists. When an SMTP connection is made to one of your servers, the IP blocklists are checked. If the sender is on the list, the SMTP connection is not accepted. This allows you to block and prevent Spam from entering your network. Also, if you choose to incorporate the DBL list, this datafeed will verify domains which are included in the message body and message header of emails. This combination is highly effective, blocking more than 90% of all Spam- with near 0.0% false positives.
- Over 90% of all Spam email is rejected before entering your network.
- By refusing messages from senders whose IP address are on a Block List, your email systems will not process these messages and therefore will not be liable for delivery or forwarding of Spam.
- You will free up highly valuable infrastructure bandwidth and resources.
- Protect the reputation of your organization by eliminating Spam being forwarded through email accounts hosted by you.
- Dramatically improve delivery times.
- Successfully deployed by thousands of organizations and Tier 1 ISPs worldwide.
- Lower your operational costs and improve your mail systems performance.