I've purchased atmail Anti-Spam Package and don't know how to install it.
- On-Premise Server + WebMail Installations: Version 6.0 > Current Version
Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam configuration.
There are multiple options when choosing how to filter incoming mail. The best option is to use one of the major reputable anti-spam companies. Atmail has partnered with Spamhaus to provide our customers with direct access to their most up to date anti-spam lists.
These include the following:
- SBL - Spamhaus Block List - an IP black list
- XBL - Exploits Block List - IP addresses of hijacked PCs, infected with third party exploits
- PBL Policy Block List - IP address ranges which should not be delivering unauthenticated SMTP email, and,
- DBL Domain Block List - a list of domains\website URLs which are reported to be sending malicious emails, including phishing attempts for example
To implement one or multiple lists just follow the steps below:
- Purchase a key online by first contacting Spamhaus, https://www.spamhaustech.com/protecting-mail-streams/.
- Login to your WebAdmin, and navigate to the "Anti-Spam" area under "Services"
- Enable DNSBL Support.
- Add the lists you want incoming mail checked against, separated by a comma, and including your key. For example, if the key supplied to you is 123456 and you wanted to use the sbl list, you would use 123456.sbl.dq.spamhaus.net (dq is for direct query).
- Enable URI-DNSBL Support. This checks links within emails against specific URLs.
- Add the DBL list to check emails for malicious URLs.
- Save your settings
- Restart your atmailserver services via SSH
service atmailserver restart