July 18, 2011
Atmail 6.20.10 is a Major Upgrade Release. This version focuses on expanding Atmail's capabilities with new features, including a new API and various usability enhancements. Improvements include faster webmail performance, better migration utilities, and mailserver backend tweaks.
New Features At A Glance:
New Mashup API
New API available to create 3rd-party applications a nd web-mashups for Atmail. Extra mail, contact and calendaring data from the Atmail API and build your own applications which utilize the data in a simple to use JSON framework.
New display images feature to automatically disable showing emails from senders for security. Click to view images.
Automatic Inbox reload
New automatic folder reload feature. New mail is automatically pushed to your Inbox, with an optional sound to indicate new mail arrival.
Automatic save as draft
New setting to automatically save messages to the IMAP drafts folder on reply and composing a new email. Never lose an email again!
Added a new panel in the Webadmin to define a global whitelist/blacklist for the SMTP server.
Other improvements include:
- Optimised the language template interface of Atmail. Over 20% speed improvement in the Webadmin and Webmail UI using the improved functions
- Optimised IMAP threads and message list using UID ranges. 10-20% speed improvement for loading times in the Webmail UI
- Added ability to DnD remembered contacts to personal group
- New migration scripts for importing data from Squirrelmail and Roundcube into Atmail
- Improved quota calculation in the Webmail settings panel, based on the IMAP getquotaroot function
- Improved mail-relay logic in the Webadmin and Exim configure
- Improved Bcc visibility in Sent, Drafts, and Trash folders