I want to create public folders
- On-Premise Server + WebMail Installations: Version 6.0 > Current Version
- Webmail Only Installations: Version 6.0 > Current Version
Folders not publicly accessible
This is a document for users who want to create publicly accessible folders via Atmail. This applies for the Atmail Server version.
- first, open up /usr/local/atmail/mailserver/etc/dovecot.conf
- find this line:
- below this, add:
- create the shared directory:
- apply the right permissions:
- save changes. restart Dovecot afterwards:
A "shared" container should then be created inside of the user's webmail interface. To create folders inside this container, create the directory manually:
Where ".Foldername" is the folder name prefixed by a full stop (".") . For example, a shared folder called "Gouda" would be created this way:
Set the permissions correctly afterwards:
This will then have the folder publicly accessible by all users in your system.