I want to upgrade my Atmail installations version of dovecot.
- On-Premise Server + WebMail Installations: Version 6.x
Newer versions of Dovecot contain updates to the handling of uidlist files - the issues of which, may lead to difficulties when receiving emails via POP3 or IMAP. It may be a good idea to update your installation. Atmail 6.3.6 uses the 1.2 branch; newer versions of this branch are available for download via: http://www.dovecot.org/download.html
- Download the latest sources from the above link:
- Untar, then go into the untarred directory:
tar xvfz dovecot-1.2.17.tar.gz
- Stop the Atmail service:
- Configure, install:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/atmail/mailserver/ --with-mysql --with-ldap --with-docs=no
make && make install
- Start the Atmail service:
- Congratulations! Now you have the latest Dovecot binaries installed.