I need the correct packages installed for ArchiveVault.
- ArchiveVault not yet installed
PHP 5.3.x required for ArchiveVault
Archive vault makes extensive use of indexing and searching services. These services require that PHP 5.3.x is installed, and some other dependencies are met.Depending on the Operating system being installed on, this can be a bit tricky so information is supplied here to get past these problems. Please send us notes on your experiences and how you resolved them and we will add them to this howto.
Compiling PHP 5.3.x for Atmail and ArchiveVault
While tools such as yum, apt-get and pkg_add can make our life a lot easier when it comes to installing PHP and it's extensions (among other things), there is often a time when we need to go the old-fashioned route and compile from source. This brief article explains how to build PHP 5.3.x from source while detailing the configure options required for compiling PHP 5.3.x so that it plays nice with Atmail 6 and ArchiveVault.
General Install Instructions
On a fresh install of CentOs5.4 start by installing:
- Download the PHP 5.3.x source from http://php.net
- Extract into a temporary location on your server, say /tmp
- cd into the php-5.3.x/ dir that you just extracted
- Now it's time to configure the PHP source for the options you want compiled so run this command:
- Once configure has successfully completed run this command :
- To make this new PHP also the CLI php:
- PHP 5.3 expects the default location for php.ini in a different location so it will need to be moved and preconfigured: