I need to install atmail ActiveSync.
- On-Premise Server + WebMail Installations: Version 18.104.22.168+
- Webmail Only Installations: Version 22.214.171.124+
Since atmail 7.4, atmail requires an extra package for ActiveSync. With the release of atmail 126.96.36.199+, a newer version of atmail ActiveSync is also available. This package is available for download via the "Downloads" section of your Atmail Customer Portal.
- atmail 188.8.131.52
- apache 2.4 only
- POSIX (php-process) Extension for PHP
- atmail 184.108.40.206+ must be already installed
- Valid license to use ActiveSync with atmail
- Operating System
Since Atmail ActiveSync is based on PHP, it can be ported into any platform that supports and/or compiles PHP. Currently, Atmail supports the following environments:
- Redhat Enterprise 7.x only
- CentOS 7.x only
How to install
You will first need to download the atmail ActiveSync package from within your Atmail Customer Portal. Login at https://atmail.com/portal2/ and go to the "Downloads" page. Here you will find a link to download the Atmail ActiveSync package.
Create /usr/share/push/ directory.
Place the downloaded file any where on your server and extract as follows.
tar xfvz atmail7.push.xxx.tgz -C /usr/share/push/Change the file name to match the file you downloaded. Each customer will be provided with a unique file name.
Run atmail ActiveSync installation.
With Apache 2.4.X, you may have a 403 forbiden error. To resolve, you need to add the following into your Apache configuration file.
Require all granted
Atmail ActiveSync 2.3.6 has been tested and confirmed working with the following devices, using the default mail applications available on them. Alternate devices that support ActiveSync should work without issue, however untested.
- Samsung Galaxy s5 with Android 6.0.1
- Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge with Android 6.0.1
- Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge with Android 7.0
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with Android 4.4.2
- LG Nexus 5 with Android 6.0.1
- Apple iPhone 6 with iOS 9.3.4
- Apple iPod 2 with iOS 6.1.6 (10B500) (Notes: Does not support unicode/utf8 characters)
- Nokia Lumia 635 with Windows OS 8.10.12397.895 [CYAN]
Tested operating systems
- Centos 7.3.1611 / Apache 2.4; extra dependency installation - php-process.
If an account is setup with the Android native app the events do not sync from device to server, when the webmail event timezone is set to "none", the event will be displayed in the webmail as per the timezone settings defined in php.ini.
The php.ini TZ settings are also used when sending the updates to device if no timezone is specified events are stored in GMT and rely on the device converting into local time.
Subfolders currently fail to sync to devices via the ActiveSync protocol.
/usr/share/push/backend/imap/config.php; Change 'verify_peer', 'verify_peer_name' and 'allow_self_signed' to TRUE, TRUE and FALSE respectively.